Thursday, December 1, 2011

I'm back. :)

Hello, hello, hello. My poor blog, I've been neglecting you so. :( I know, its been FOREVER. I don't know how I seem to be so busy and yet... nothing big has happened recently. I also just really haven't had it in me either I guess. Well, the important part is that I'm back, So I figure Ill just jump right into this.

Some new things since I last blogged... I have taken my placement test for my new college and I've signed up for classes! yippee! And although I'm on the phone nearly everyday trying to figure out how Im going to come up with the money to pay for my classes, I'm still excited about being a student yet again. Its been long enough, I NEED my career. Im going to fight tooth and nail until I get to where I need to be. Not to mention I cant find a job down here to save my life... Its truly depressing. I apply for anywhere between 10-30 jobs a week and... notta. I DID manage to snag a rather good job working in a bakery and that fell through. That's a whole other story though.. Long story short, the background check company is giving me a hard time about my social having "two names" (My maiden name and my married... Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.) But it was enough to make me lose the job I was so proud to finally have. :( *Sigh* I just keep telling myself it must not have been meant to be. God has a plan and Im going to keep faith that he will send something good to me. :)

In other news..... We are going on a CRUISE in a little less then two weeks! This is the first one I or my hubby have ever been on and we are super excited. I really still am having a hard time wrapping my head around the whole idea. I guess it just doesn't seem real yet. We're going on a giant, fun ship to Mexico? Really?? lol I bet when I see the boat its all going to hit me. I think I'm more happy that my hubby get this time to relax then myself haha He works super hard and I think he deserves a break from all the work stress. But of course, I myself plan to thoroughly enjoy myself as well. ;) I have no idea what to expect but these things are made for people to have the time of their life on, so i think it would be quite the feat to not have even a little fun. lol First two items on my list for the cruise? Sun hat and sun screen! Im determined NOT to get sunburned! lol We'll see how well that goes...

And its that time of the year again. The halls are decked and the stockings are hung. ;) I love, love, LOVE our house being festive, it really gets me in the holiday mood to burn some candles, watch some Christmas movies, bake some cookies, and (of course) pull the Elvis CDs back out and listen to them over and over. This is our first Christmas in Florida, its kind of exciting to see how different the weather is compared to what we're used to: Michigan: FEET of snow and Germany: Very chilly and Rain, rain, and more rain. I kind of thought I would be disappointed in the fact that there isnt going to be much snow or cold but really... I think I could get used to this. :) Florida is growing on me everyday. <3

That's all I really have time for now, we're old and its about past our bedtime. haha Ill try to update this more often for everyone back home that likes to read it and know how we're doing. Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment