Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!


Happy Holidays! Can you believe its that time of year already? It seems like this past year has FLOWN by for us. I hope whatever your plans are you have a great holiday season and gets to spend tons of quality time with you loved ones. :) We're taking it easy here at home, just the hubby and I... and the crazy animals (of course) But, we DID go to Mexico for our little Christmas present to ourselves so that has been plenty for me. We had a fantastic time, I tried tons of new foods, activities and did a million more things that I wont even try to list. My favorite? Scuba diving! Jeff and I are addicted already. After the holidays we are buying our own suits, fins, goggles ect and getting certified. :) Ill try to post more about the boat and things later but for now I just want to keep this post Christmas oriented.

What are your holiday traditions? We spend most of the day in our PJs getting things ready for dinner, listening to Elvis Presley Christmas carols, drinking mimosas, and rummaging though the stockings. I can never resist a good recipe around this time of the year either. I love trying new things, baking new kinds of cookies and thinking of ways to make the season special for our little family by stuffing our bellies. Have a favorite seasonal recipe? Id love for you to share it with me! One of mine is rather simple but I cant hold back from eating a ton of them- Spritz cookies!


Here are the links to a couple different recipes for them: 
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Holiday-Spritz-Cookies
http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/spritz_cookies/
http://www.joyofbaking.com/SpritzCookies.html

I don't have a favorite recipe yet, as I don't make them often, but once I do Ill update! :) I love that these are simple and yet you can be super creative with them! You can add different tops to your cookies press, add food coloring, sprinkles... On and on. So much fun to customize your Spritz! Oh and yes, you WILL need a cookie press for these. Sorry. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment