Friday, July 22, 2011

Water and other things.


Yesterday a plumber was able to come out and fix our water on the spot, it took a whole 20 minutes! Woo whoo! It feels so good to have running water again. Let me tell you, we are not a very pleasant bunch without it, lol. Makes me think of how people lived before a water system was developed... Wasn't it the Romans who created the first running water system with aqueducts? (Google it, and go learn something new.) Imagine cleaning up in a nearby lake or stream (BRR!!), probably once a week at the most. Having to travel just to reach water... Now all we have to do is walk into the bathroom and vua lah! Water! It's amazing how society grows and changes with time. 



Moving on, I guess I can take this opportunity to talk about what the Denisons are like on a normal day. :) I'm going to assume some people really don't know much about me and start from the most basic things... My husband is in the United States Air Force and we are currently living in Florida. We PCS'd from Germany only a few months ago and are starting to get a feel for what living stateside in the Military is like... We miss Germany terribly. Lol Ok, it's not all bad, we get loads of sunny days here which were a rare commodity in Good Ol' Deutschland. We are much closer to family which is nice, even thigh we really haven't had the chance to go home since the big move in February, but again, Military lifestyle = not seeing your family for months to years at a time.

I'm... well.... A homemaker for now I guess. I haven't been able to find work anywhere. (with one exception that I might explain later but don't feel like getting into at the moment.) I've applied and applied again, given out resumes, talked to managers, and scoured Internet job searches and still come up empty handed. A recent job interview at Game Stop turned out to be me walking in to find a line across the store and nearly out the door with people hoping to get the single job that was open. I waited for hours to get my chance at a 5 minute interview. It seems that there are just too many job seekers and not enough jobs for this area. It totally sucks when you can't even get a part time job at a place like Micky Ds, BK or any other place that doesn't even require a High school education. I've decided that it's time to go back to school earn a degree, and stop wasting my time waiting in lines without the slightest chance of getting a phone call back. Hopefully within the next few months I am a student yet again and on my way to a career I love! :)


1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog;) can't wait to keep up with all the happenings that go on at your house:). When is the fur baby post?!
    Love you!!
    H

    ReplyDelete